The IUCM offers German courses for language levels A1-C1 according to GER (Common European Framework of Reference).
The aim of the course is to prepare students linguistically and culturally for studying at LMU and for living in Munich. In addition to the general language lessons, you will learn vocabulary, grammatical structures and cultural particularities, which are especially relevant for studying. Improvement and consolidation of language skills in German are the focus of the interactive class.
A Campus Orientation is part of the intensive course.
The excursion program is not part of the intensive course, and we encourage you to book the Excursion Program to complement the German class.
- target group: students of all disciplines
also for students from other universities
- course duration: March, 3rd -30th, 2020
- lessons: 90
- class size: approx. 16 students
- tuition: 420,00 €
- subsidy: ERASMUS and LMUexchange students from the LMU
receive a subsidy amounting to 50,00 €
- ECTS: 6 credits
- Funding: Funding
- Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- download: Stundenplan
- download: program description
- download: student guide
- oral & written communication in everyday life
- assistance with administrative issues prior to beginning your studies
- oral & written communication in an academic context
- German academic language
- studying at LMU
- information about student life & living in Munich
- improvement & consolidation of grammatical structures
- improvement & consolidation of vocabulary & phonetics
- intercultural training
The classes are taught by experienced staff and supported by tutors. This program does not award you with the university entrance language qualification exam (DSH, TestDaF etc.).
The teaching material is included in the course fee. In addition to special teaching materials, students receive a textbook for the work in class which is appropriate to their respective language knowledge.
Certificate / ECTS:
On successful completion of the course students will receive a graded certificate and 6 ECTS credits.
- regular attendance (maximum absence: 12 teaching units)
- active participation in class
- presentation of a study relevant topic (“Referat”)
- preparation of a handout for the audience
- admission to and taking the written exam at the end of the course
Those who do not pass the exam and/or are absent for up to 20 contact hours may still obtain a certificate of completion without ECTS credits and without grade.
The payment will need to be transferred to the account of the IUCM. To secure the place you should send the payment before January 31st, 2020.
Unfortunately we cannot accept credit card payments.
Please make sure to include your name on the money-wire transfer payment. In addition, please note that some banks may charge additional fees for the payment. Please contact your bank in advance if you should have any concerns.
Cancellation of participation is possible in principle, but subject to the following conditions: For cancellations made not later than 3 weeks prior to the start of the program can be refunded, less 50€ administration fee.
Registration starts December 16th: here