|Target group:||Students of all disciplines students from all universities|
|Course duration:||5. - 29. September 2022|
6. - 30. March 2023
|Course time:||Mon - Fri 9:00-12:30|
|Class size:||max. 18 participants per group|
|Registration Deadline:||- for September: 2.6. - 11.8.2022|
- for March: 1.1. - 31.1.2023
|Subsidy:||ERASMUS and LMUexchange students from the LMU receive a subsidy amounting to 50,00 €|
|Funding:||Waiver (Please submit applications directly to the coordination office of the respective study program)|
The IUCM offers German courses for language levels A1-C1 according to GER (Common European Framework of Reference). The aim of the course is to prepare students linguistically and culturally for studying at LMU and for living in Munich. In addition to the general language lessons, you will learn vocabulary, grammatical structures and cultural particularities, which are especially relevant for studying. Improvement and consolidation of language skills in German are the focus of the interactive class.
A Campus Orientation is part of the intensive course.
- oral & written communication in everyday life
- assistance with administrative issues prior to beginning your studies
- oral & written communication in an academic context
- German academic language
- studying at LMU
- information about student life & living in Munich
- improvement & consolidation of grammatical structures
- improvement & consolidation of vocabulary & phonetics
- intercultural training
The classes are taught by experienced staff and supported by tutors. This program does not award you with the university entrance language qualification exam (DSH, TestDaF etc.).
The teaching material is included in the course fee.
Certificate / ECTS:
On successful completion of the course students will receive a graded certificate and 6 ECTS credits.
- regular attendance (maximum absence: 10 teaching units)
- active participation in class
- presentation of a study relevant topic (“Referat”)
- preparation of a handout for the audience
- admission to and taking the written exam at the end of the course
Those who do not pass the exam and/or are absent for up to 12 contact hours may still obtain a certificate of completion without ECTS credits and without grade.
The payment will need to be transferred to the account of the IUCM. To secure the place you should send the payment before deadline
Unfortunately we cannot accept credit card payments.
Please make sure to include your name on the money-wire transfer payment. In addition, please note that some banks may charge additional fees for the payment. Please contact your bank in advance if you should have any concerns.
Cancellation of participation is possible in principle.
Cancellation after application deadline:
A registration fee for administrative costs of 50€ will not be refunded.
All other deposits will be fully refunded.
Cancellation 3 days before commencement of the course:
The tuition of the course will be not refunded.